My one regret from school.



Story narrated by: Anonymus writer.

Let’s start with a little back story. I would like to believe that I was quite a popular kid in school. I had quite a lot of friends in school and I was a person who wanted to be around people so basically I had FOMO. I was really close to 2 people. One of whom I met for the very first time in grade 1 and the other one in grade 3. Let’s call the first one Mia and the other one Stella. I was very close to Stella from grade 3 to I guess grade 5. Then we fought and in a way started ignoring each other. So after grade 5, I started spending almost all the time with Mia. Mia was the popular kid. And I guess I liked the attention. Anyways we began to grow closer and closer to a point where we used to do all things together. So here’s the deal after grade 7 our classes were reshuffled.

 And I didn’t I really didn't know anyone in my class and of course, Stella was there in that class. Slowly we bonded over time and our differences were settled. Anyways that didn’t mean I stopped talking to Mia. I still found her as an important thing in my life. So here’s the deal now all three of us were in the same class the following year. And I guess I resorted to being with Mia and her friends. I still spoke to Stella. And this went on for quite long. And I was and still am friends with both of them.

Let’s skip the drama and go the more important part of the story. So I always thought that I was really close to Mia and that she was my best friend. But from her perspective it was different. She started
spending all her time without me and kinda sorta leaving me out. And during all of this Stella kept trying to stay with me and be close to me but she kept failing ‘cuz I started to shut her out. All because I wanted to be with Mia and at that point, it wasn’t for the popularity but just because I liked spending time with her and we had grown close. I always that I was a part of their ‘group’. But now sitting at this long break because of the lockdown not once did Mia and her group ever check on me or even try to spend any time with me. But on the other hand, Stella who I always was shutting out was the only person who was there for me.

Let’s cut to the chase, the only thing that I regret from school is that I spent too much time with people who didn’t really care about me instead of spending time with the people who actually wanted to spend time with and actually wanted to be with the real me. I have no hard feelings with anyone but this is something I regret about and I am now on the road to correct myself. I am trying to be with people who actually like me for me.

To all the young people reading this it's ok, not to have a lot of friends and its ok to not be popular. You just need 1 person to keep you happy. I wish someone told me this before and I wouldn’t have to spent so much time with someone who didn’t like me or wanted to spend time by shutting people.


TO CONTACT US USE THE FOLLOWING:
  
   EMAIL US: teen.opinion0@gmail.com
    DM US ON INSTA:one_with_the_millions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAIR: a discussion about colourism in India.

Moral policing: Rights and Wrongs (part 1: the intro)

The need for representatives