I am afraid


I am afraid
I am afraid of the judging looks you give,
The way you stare, tears my soul.

I am afraid of the life I have to live,
With the fear of the way you control.

It breaks me apart
When you shatter someone a fourth of my age.
It pierces my heart
When I see whom you’ve caged.

And no I am not talking about my acquaintance
Nor am I talking about my foe,
But I am talking about the cause of my anxiety
I am talking about you society.

But I am strong
I am mighty before your coward practices,
I am whom I’m meant to be.
                                              


                   

Description: The society always tends to break us no matter what. When we want to lead a different life we are often rebuked by elders by the saying "What will the society think?" This society of ours leaves not the little once nor teens like you and me. They say that the victims are rather blamed than the oppressors. At that time of sorrow and shame dwelling in the victim, it is important for one to hold a good state of mind. Teens get worse half of this pressure and often tend to lose mental peace and go into a state of anxiety and depression. The poem depicts how a person can go from a state of depression to self confidence by self motivation. This an important changing point in my life. Battling with pressure is not my strong point, but the last verse of the poem is eternally my guiding force which helps me go about my everyday.

TO CONTACT US USE THE FOLLOWING:
  
   EMAIL US: teen.opinion0@gmail.com
    DM US ON INSTA:one_with_the_millions

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FAIR: a discussion about colourism in India.

Moral policing: Rights and Wrongs (part 1: the intro)

The need for representatives